Keep up with the latest hiring trends!
Recruiting can be a tough job when you don’t know where to start, and it can be pretty expensive too. Premium accounts, paid job boards, agency fees – it all adds up! So here’s 14 tips for creating a kick-ass recruitment strategy without breaking the bank:
- Everything starts with a simple job description. A well written job description will pay you back dividends, so put the effort into creating one.
- More expensive doesn‘t mean better. Use the free channels available to you first. For example, try using a Basic LinkedIn account before paying for a premium option. Post your job ads in relevant LinkedIn Groups and on Twitter before paying to post on paid job boards. Or ask your current employees for referrals.
- Use social media to your advantage. In most cases, it’s free to set up company profiles and a social media presence is a great way to get your company noticed.
- The key to success is targeting. You need to fish where the fish hang out. For example, tech talent is more likely to hang out on the like of GitHub or StackOverFlow than on LinkedIn. Where do your current employees hang out? Because there’s a good chance any potential candidates will hang out there too.
- Don’t underestimate the power of job fairs and face to face contact with potential candidates.