Keep up with the latest hiring trends!
How does your company motivate their employees? Beer on tap? An on-site gym? “Bring-your-pet-to-work” days? All of the above? Should you be offering these kinds of perks on an office environment?!
Let’s find out what some of the biggest names in the game are doing to keep their employees loyal:
- While 67% of recruiters and HR professionals believe their well-defined internal advancement program is known by employees, only 24% of US employees were aware of the programs.
- A massive 57% of candidates say a company’s reputation as a great place to work is the most important consideration for a new job. Meaning, your Employer Branding efforts need to be on point if you are to attract top talent.
- Free food is the most popular perk to offer your employees, followed closely by on-site fitness.
- 7 out of the 10 companies featured on Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Awards were tech companies. It’s time to start following their lead!
- The Top 3 perks that attract non-digital workers to change employers are (note: free beer and ping pong aren’t one of them!):
- Opportunities for advancement
- Leadership from senior management
- Benefits and compensation
- Serious employees look beyond gimmicks when it comes to deciding where to work. Get the basics of good management, career prospects and financial rewards in place before adding on extra novelty perks.