Keep up with the latest hiring trends!
Everyone knows a strong CV is crucial if you want to impress recruiters, secure job interviews and land your dream job. But how exactly do you go about writing that interview-winning CV? This really useful infographic from StandOut CV shows exactly how you can write an interview-winning CV in just 7 simple steps to ensure shortlisting success every time:
- Research your target employers before writing your CV to find out what they want to see in candidates’ CVs.
- Format and structure your CV well to ensure recruiters can navigate your CV easily and find the important information quickly.
- Write a punchy profile to draw readers in and summarise the benefits you can bring to an employer.
- Use your role descriptions to show the impact you have made at previous employers.
- Adapt the amount of detail in your education section to suit your experience level.
- Interests are optional, so only include interests that could have a positive impact on your job applications.
- Triple check your CV before sending it out – it only takes one mistake to ruin your chances of getting an interview.