How to: Keep Calm and Beat Job Interview Nerves (Infographic)
It doesn’t matter how many job interviews you undertake, every interview is still a nerve-wrecking experience. Heck, we’re recruiters and HR professionals, and we still get a little nervous when faced with the prospect of interviewing someone!
This infographic details the main reasons why you get nervous, and the best ways for you to combat your interview anxiety so you can go out and get that job!
- A massive 96% of job seekers find it hard to relax the night before an interview. Avoid those tired eyes, make sure you get enough rest.
- Common interview fears include being late, not knowing how to answer certain questions, and being over qualified. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get to an interview, and make sure you’re prepared.
- The typical symptoms of anxiety include moodiness, feeling nauseous and irrational thoughts. Stay positive, it’s only a job interview, not a death sentence.
- Before the interview, make sure you get at least 6-7 hours sleep, eat lightly and prepare your documents!
- And last but certainly not least, please remember to breath!