Live Blog from Dublin Web Summit: How to create a kick-ass online strategy
Our last speaker before lunch is Alan Coleman from onlineadvertising.ie
He’s here to talk about 5 steps to create a world class and kick ass online media strategy.
1. Research your market. There are loads of free tolls that you can use including googles keyword tool. The perfect storm for online success is when you have a small number of sellers but a high number of buyers. Google Insights for search, formerly known as Google Trends can who you trends over time.
2. Understand your metrics. Understand your cost per click and your conversion rate but then you need to understand your profit per sale to really understand your cost per sale and hence your roi. Cost per click and conversion ratios a everything.
3. Engage your target market at every level of the purchase funnel. The funnel is awareness, interest, consideration and purchase. Display advertising drives your demand for tomorrow, it builds an informal relationship and changes the profile of your search traffic. Over time people search for your brand as their awareness has increased.
4. Test, test and test again. Continually optimize what you are doing, make it more efficient, improve your return on investment. You test your keywords, run search query reports. A/B testing of your ads: credibility messages might convert better than value messages, lesson is to try many and measure. Build a custom network and target your ads by content. Use the Google Ads Network, target people based on the results. Landing pages. This can massively impact your conversions.
5. Be ambitious. There is no recession online, it’s an offline phenomenon. There has never been a better time to be niche.
About the author:
Jonathan Campbell is a Director of Select People, a specialist headhunting firm and also the co-founder of social media consultancy Social BPO/ Social Talent, which grows and manages talent communities on social media sites for recruiters. Check out our Facebook Page: Facebook.com/socialbpo for more information.