Keep up with the latest hiring trends!
Writing a rÃƒ©sumÃƒ© can be a tricky process, but writing a show-stopping rÃƒ©sumÃƒ© is even trickier! What skills should you include? What examples of your experience should you use? Should you make your rÃƒ©sumÃƒ© one page or two? How should you lay it out? What font should you use? There are a lot of things to think about!
Below is a list of the “Do’s and Don’ts” for a modern rÃƒ©sumÃƒ©. Heed the advice on this list and your rÃƒ©sumÃƒ© should see itself to the top of the recruiter’s pile every time!:
- 1 in 10 recruiters receive 100 rÃƒ©sumÃƒ©s for every job they list. As a result, your rÃƒ©sumÃƒ© needs to be the one that stands out from the crowd.
- While listing your skills and giving relevant examples of your experience are both vital ingredients of a good rÃƒ©sumÃƒ©, almost half of all recruiters are looking to see whether or not the candidate has made the effort to customise their rÃƒ©sumÃƒ© for the job they are applying for. Therefore, actively including specific skills and examples of experience to demonstrate you are perfect for this job will make you more favourable in the eyes of recruiters everywhere.
- Use bullet points in your rÃƒ©sumÃƒ© to quickly and easy provide details of your relevant experience, but remember not to exceed 5 bullets per section. It starts to looks messy after 5, and most recruiters won’t read beyond 5 bullet points.
- Double/triple check your rÃƒ©sumÃƒ© for spelling or grammatical mistakes. Then get someone else to read it and check for mistakes. Two sets of eyes are always better than one.
- If you want to know what the perfect rÃƒ©sumÃƒ©, looks like to the eyes of those who look at and scrutinise them everyday check out our blog post; “Recruiter Tips for Writing the Perfect CV“. We asked a number of highly respected recruiters what they felt an excellent rÃƒ©sumÃƒ© needed to contain, and this is what they told us.