Keep up with the latest hiring trends!
It’s that time of year again. Graduates everywhere have broken free of their university shackles and are ready, willing and able to start embarking on their chosen career in the big bad world. But while it’s easy to assume a solid rÃƒ©sumÃƒ© isn’t important in today’s digitally driven workplace, the fact is, it’s more important than ever to have a kick-ass CV. 89% of employers won’t hire a candidate without one, so getting your rÃƒ©sumÃƒ© right is an essential foothold to gain on the ladder to career success.
The following infographic from DegreeQuery.com, is the perfect framework on which to base your rÃƒ©sumÃƒ©, be it traditional or digital. Take it and use it wisely my friends!
P.S. Once you have your rÃƒ©sumÃƒ© looking and feeling incredible, turn your attention to creating an all-star LinkedIn profile to compliment it with the help of our FREE whitepaper: “How to: Create an All-Star LinkedIn Profile”. It’s an absolute MUST READ for anyone entering the jobs race.
- 89% of employers will not hire a candidate without a rÃƒ©sumÃƒ©.
- The average recruiter only spends 6 seconds looking at your rÃƒ©sumÃƒ©, so it needs to catch their attention fast!
- Clever job seekers push the Skills section of their rÃƒ©sumÃƒ© to the top of the page, as they know most recruiters won’t make it to the bottom of the page.
- Consider how you’re phrasing your experience. Most companies use software to search for keywords in rÃƒ©sumÃƒ©s and will reject those without the keywords they are looking for (even though you could be their perfect candidate!). So always tailor your rÃƒ©sumÃƒ© for each and every job you apply for and be sure to include all the keywords they state in the job description.
- Always create a specific cover letter for the job to are applying for. Never use a blanket cover letter.
- Don’t make your rÃƒ©sumÃƒ© too personal. Yes, it’s about you, but you do not need to include photos, home address or your birthday.