Keep up with the latest hiring trends!
What’s your company’s strategy for ensuring your valuable employees don’t go seeking employment elsewhere? Well, according to this infographic by Ajilon, only 19% of employers actually have a formal employee retention strategy in place. So, if you’re one of them (and there’s a good chance you are), pay extra special attention to their tips for how you can create a winning employee retention strategy and increase your employee satisfaction tenfold:
- Conduct employee surveys – find out what motivates them, what they would change and do exit interviews when people leave.
- Get managers invested in their people – have them perform regular performance reviews, promote higher performers and coach struggling employees.
- Encourage open communication between employees and management – hold regular meetings for everyone, establish an open-door policy and don’t punish anyone for speaking their mind.
- Tailor company benefits to your employees’ needs – look at things such as flexitime, working remotely, free meals or other incentives.
- Always seek to promote from within – provide clear paths for advancement, offer support and training, implement a KPI system to spot your top performers.
- Get employees engaged with the business – ensure that they see their place in the bigger picture, clarify what is expected, provide goals to strive for.
- Hire an HR director if your company is pushing 100 employees – allow them to streamline your structure, trust them to head up employee satisfaction and establish employee wellbeing as a clear priority.