Is it me, or are job interview questions just getting weirder and weirder?! I know job seekers have to (and should be) prepared for almost anything these days, but seriously? Some of Glassdoor’s Weirdest Job Interview Questions are just downright strange!
10. “What was your opinion of the film Blair Witch Project?“
‚¬€œ asked at Jefferies & Company (an investment bank).
9. “What is the wildest thing you have done?“
‚¬€œ asked at Metro Bank.
8. What cartoon character would you be and why?“
– asked at ASDA (one of the UK’s leading supermarket chains).
7. “You have 17 red and 17 blue balls, and you remove 2 at a time. If the two are the same colour, add in one extra blue ball. If they are different colours, add in an extra red ball. What colour is the final ball removed?“
‚¬€œ asked at Geonomics (a location-based lottery creator).
6. “Is batman a super hero?“
‚¬€œ asked at AlphaSights.
5. “What would you take to a lonely island with you and why?“
‚¬€œ asked at Urban Outfitters.
4. “How would you sell a fridge to an eskimo?“
‚¬€œ asked at Harrods.
3. “How many calories are in a grocery store?”
‚¬€œ asked at Google.
2. “Estimate the total number of cars in the UK.”
‚¬€œ asked at Barclays Capital.
1. Can you calculate how many tennis balls are used during the course of Wimbledon?“
– asked at Accenture.
10. Imagine a machine that can produce all the milk that Starbucks needs, worldwide, on an average day. This requires only the correct number of cows to go through the machine. How many Starbucks stores are there worldwide? How many cows you would need? How quickly would they have to go through?“
– asked by Bain & Company (a management consulting firm).
9. Give me 7 things you can do with this pen?”
– asked by HitFox Group.
8. Please try to estimate the annual consumption of Clearasil in Germany.”
– asked by RB.
7. Who you gonna call?!”
– asked by Zalando (a shoe retailer).
6. What is your personal secret?“
– asked by Apple.
5. What was your favourite event in history?“
– asked by eFront Financial Solutions.
4. Which 30 German companies are in DAX?“
– asked by Roland Berger.
3. How would you proceed to measure the height of a building with a barometer?“
– asked by Unicredit Management Consulting.
2. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?“
– asked by Estee Lauder.
1. Explain how to cook eggs perfectly.”
– asked by Fraunhofer Society (a German research facility).
10. How many traffic lights are there in Canada?
– asked by Bell during a Leadership Development Program interview
9. How will you keep HootSuite weird?
– asked by HootSuite during an interview for a Content Marketing position
8. If you own a grocery store and you have to sell apples, how would you determine how many different types of apples would you sell?
– asked by Bombardier (the world’s largest airplane manufacturer) during an interview for a Business Analyst position
7. How do you get a plastic ball out of a cup without touching the cup?
– asked by TD Bank during an interview for a Risk and Controls position
6. What would you name a book about your life at this point?
– asked by Prism Resources during an interview for a Customer Service Representative position
5. If you were an inanimate object, what would you be?
– asked by Starbucks during an interview for a Barista position
4. How can we move Mount Fuji?
– asked by Telus (a telecommunications specialist) during an interview for a Design Specialist position
3. If you only have one choice, do you prefer to work on time or correctly?
– asked by BlackBerry during an interview for a Statistical Methods Analyst position
2. If Labatt gave you a million dollars with the condition that you’d have to pay it back in 3 years, what would you do with it?
– asked by Labatt (a brewing company) during Brewery Development Program interview
1. If you could five high one person, living or not, who would it be?
– asked by Lululemon (a workout apparel company) during an interview for a Retail Educator position
10. What’s your favorite Disney Princess?“
‚¬€œ asked at Cold Stone Creamery.
9. How many people flew out of Chicago last year?“
‚¬€œ asked at Redbox.
8. If you were asked to unload a 747 full of jelly beans, what would you do?“
‚¬€œ asked at Bose.
7. Describe the color yellow to somebody who’s blind.”
‚¬€œ asked at Spirit Airlines.
6. What did you have for breakfast?“
‚¬€œ asked at Banana Republic.
5. If you had a machine that produced $100 dollars for life what would you be willing to pay for it today?“
‚¬€œ asked at Aksia.
4. Who would win in a fight between Spiderman and Batman?“
‚¬€œ asked at Stanford University.
3. If you woke up and had 2,000 unread emails and could only answer 300 of them how would you choose which ones to answer?“
‚¬€œ asked at Dropbox.
2. What’s your favorite 90s jam?“
‚¬€œ asked at Squarespace.
1. What would you do if you were the one survivor in a plane crash?“
‚¬€œ asked at Airbnb.
Do you ask your candidates any odd questions? Have you yourself ever been asked a particularly weird interview question? Let us know in the comments below.