So here’s the thing, you used to be able to view any company’s followers on LinkedIn, but in recent weeks LinkedIn have chosen to remove the ability for you to do so. Annoying right? Especially as it was useful for searching through the followers of a competitor as they, by rationale, should be interested in similar companies to you.
So what are we to do now? Well, it just so happens that one of our fabulous Sourcing Ninja’s (@AngusGrady) came up with a solution to this problem last week and he was kind enough to let us share it with all of you guys.
- Go to your company’s Company Page on LinkedIn and click on your Followers.
- Once in the Followers page, highlight and copy the URL code, and paste it into a Notepad/Textedit file on you desktop.
The code should look something like this:
- Next go to the Company Page of the organisation you wish to see the Followers of. Note the URL of their LinkedIn Company Page. It should look something like this:
- Within the search box of your browser, remove everything after your competitor’s company number.
When you’ve done that, the remaining URL will look something like this:
- Then all you need to do is add the last bit from your company’s URL (the one you copied and pasted into a Notepad/TextEdit file) and add it to your competitors URL within the search box of your browser. The resulting URL should look something like this:
Or like this when it’s been it’s in the search box of your browser:
- Then all you need do is simply hit return and hey presto the Followers of your competitor’s Company Page are revealed!
The beauty of this hack is that it will also work for ShowCase pages as well, just visit your own ShowCase Page first and repeat the above. Simples!
P.S. Any followers displayed with only a first name and the first letter of their surname, get a full name when you click on them. Brilliant!