Keep up with the latest hiring trends!
A total of 100 UK recruitment agencies were surveyed by StandOut CV in order to determine exactly how UK recruiters handle the CVs of UK job hunters. Their research gives us an insight into who are our CVs up against? How many CVs get turned in for one job versus how many get shortlisted for selection? The average time a recruiter spends reviewing our CVs. And even the most off-putting way to describe ourself on a CV.
It’s concise, it’s mind-blowing, it’s the truth about CVs from UK recruiters:
- Recruiters will spend an average of 10 seconds deciding whether or not to shortlist your CV – so it better stand out from the crowd (in a good way!).
- Recruiters will spend an average of 6 minutes going over your CV to decide whether or not to submit you to a client – so make sure you have highlighted the most relevant of your professional and educational experience for the role.
- 98% of recruiters will take you less seriously if you include a photo of yourself on your CV – so put the selfie stick away!
- 73% of recruiters will search for you on LinkedIn after viewing your CV (19% will search your other social profiles as well) – so each and every one of your online social profiles should match up to the standard of your CV. Be sure to update all of your online profiles every time you update your CV as discrepancies can look suspicious or make you look lazy. Also remember to adjust your privacy settings accordingly on certain social media sites, and remove any less than flattering photos of your Friday night escapades!
- The average number of CVs that a recruiter will submit for a vacancy is 3 – so it’s all to play for at the interview stage. If you can impress in the interview you have a good chance of being selected for the role.