So you’ve got a candidate sitting in front of you for an interview. Their CV is so perfect it’s basically printed on solid gold but how do you know what they’re really like? Imagine if they started in the office and it turns out they eat a kitten for lunch every day? Ok that was a little extreme, but what if they’re the type of person to go to the kitchen without offering anyone else tea?
Large companies like Google are renowned for their out-of-the-box interview questions. Questions that don’t relate specifically to the contents of a CV are designed to showcase creativity and spontaneity. They’re also a great way to remove and tension and spark some discussion that isn’t solely focussed on the job.
We have gathered 15 funny interview questions that help you get to know the person behind the CV so you’re in for no nasty shocks when you hire someone:
1. What would your autobiography be called?
2.How would you describe this job to a child?
3. Describe your life using film titles.
4. What would your perfect murder weapon be and why?
5. If you could steal credit for any great piece of art, song, film, book etc which one would you claim?
6. A six-year-old child asks you if Santa Claus is real…. What do you say?
7. Which animal would make the best type of president if the animal kingdom ever rises up and takes over?
8. When it comes to making tea which answer most applies to you?
a) I am the patron saint of tea, tea for everyone!
b) I’m not a one man Starbucks. Every man for himself.
c) I’ve only got two hands- so first come, first served.
9. If you were the CEO of a company name one thing you would make compulsory in the office and one thing you would ban in the office.
10. You’re on death row, what would your last meal be?
11. Do you consider Monopoly to be a game that you play with friends or enemies?
12. Would you let us hook up your ‘Recently Played’ list on Spotify to the office speakers?
13. What would your pet say about you if we asked for a reference?
14. If you could redesign the food pyramid without any dire health consequences how would it look?
15. Everyone has a good app idea. What’s yours?
Tell us about it!
Have you ever been asked a question in an interview that made you laugh and think? Talk to us on Twitter and tell us about it!