Keep up with the latest hiring trends!
How do you use LinkedIn to search for candidates?
For many recruiters LinkedIn is their go to resource for finding top talent to fill their roles, but we can guarantee that the way you search will be different from your colleague and completely different from a recruiter in another country.
So just what is the best way to use LinkedIn to find top talent? And how exactly are you supposed to go about locating the most highly skilled individuals on the site? After all, there are now upwards of 332 million people on LinkedIn!
For some incredible tips on how to get the most out of LinkedIn for your candidate search, check out this infographic by Akken Cloud:
- There are 187,000,000 unique monthly visitors to LinkedIn and 2 new members join every second.
- 2 out of 5 LinkedIn users log in at least once a day.
- 92% of companies use social networks such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to recruit candidates, however LinkedIn is the top platform for doing so.
- Although 75% of professionals are open to considering a new job, only 61% of companies are actively recruiting passive candidates – which is what 3 out of 4 LinkedIn users are.
- When it comes to recruiting:
- Create a company page as it will give you more credibility when candidates search for you. Make sure it is complete and you stay active.
- Take the time to write an accurate and descriptive job listing, based on objectives rather than personality traits.
- Keep an eye on what others are doing, for example your competitors and those in relevant groups.
- Communicate with candidates through personalised messages and by setting up phone calls. Be prompt in responding to any questions and replies.
- Nurture passive candidates, as they may be willing to consider job opportunities. The Update Me feature allows Recruiter users to get updates on up to 150 profiles when there are changes to the prospect.