Keep up with the latest hiring trends!
The recruitment industry is a fast-changing one. New technologies, new techniques, new job boards, new demographics, new economic issues… our industry is in a constant state of flux. As a result, each year, Jobvite conduct a survey exploring how these changes are affecting both recruiters and job seekers to gauge the state of recruiting for that particular year.
The main findings from this year’s survey are contained in the infographic below, and our top takeaways from it are outlined below:
- For 2015, the priorities of recruiters include:
- improving time to hire – 15%
- increasing focus on passive talent – 5%
- growing the employer brand – 10%
- improving quality of hire – 28%
- increasing retention rate – 13%
- When it comes to the length of job positions, the average employee tenure is:
- 1-3 years – 30%
- 4-6 years – 29%
- 7-10 years – 15%
- 10+ years – 14%
- Recruiters are always examining the social profiles of candidates, and have found that:
- 72% see spelling and grammar mistakes as negative
- 76% view charity and local organisation participation as a positive element
- no social presence doesn’t really bother the majority of them
- During an interview, the personality traits which leave the best impact are:
- enthusiasm – 87%
- industry knowledge – 85%
- conversation skills – 79%
Read the full report here.