Keep up with the latest hiring trends!
There is a social media platform that every recruiter should be using – but they don’t, and we have no idea why. It’s mainstream, it’s super easy to use and is as mobile friendly as a social network gets. I am, of course, talking about Twitter.
We’ve been huge fans of Twitter for years in Social Talent and we’ve been advocating it’s use as a recruiting tool for the last 5 years. Which is why we really don’t get why recruiters wouldn’t want to take the time to use it as part of their normal recruiting life. It has so many attributes that recruiters should be taking advantage of:
- Candidate and client sourcing – based on users’ bio data AND what they tweet about
- Branding – marketing and establishing your reputation in your sector/industry
- Communication – a superb way of engaging with candidates easily and in real time
- Private messaging – you now have the ability send any user a private direct message up to 10,000 characters in length
- Tracking – competitor information, target candidates and hashtags can very be easily tracked
- Real-time news – stay on top of real-time industry news and events
- Monitoring – easily check what people are saying about you and your brand/company on Twitter
- Easily engage people – whether it is a hashtag, event or Twitter Chat, it’s really easy to join in the conversation
It’s an absolute no-brainer, right? You should be using Twitter. But we understand that in order to get started, there is a lot to learn including; how to optimise your profile, how to engage with relevant users properly and when to post at the right time of day. So, with that in mind, we decided to share with you this really useful infographic that lays out a number of basic Twitter tips that you should follow when using the platform for the first time:
Once you’re up and running, you can follow the Social Talent Twitter account here, where you can find more recruiting tips, news and guides.