Keep up with the latest hiring trends!
Serious about your job hunt? Then it’s time to up the ante!
There are 6 game-changing trends happening in today’s job market and you need to be taking advantage of every single one of them, if you are to secure that dream job. And with the help of this infographic, carefully compiled by CareerShift, you will be one step closer to doing just that.
- Over a third of employers will re-hire former employees due to familiarity with the job and company culture. Take advantage of this by keeping in touch with former colleagues and managers so you’ll be fresh in their minds should a new opportunity arise.
- Reference checks remove 1 in 5 candidates from employment consideration, so be sure to talk to the people you wish to list as references before adding them to your CV to ensure they are fully supportive of your job search and the skills you say you have. And whatever you do, never be tempted to use fake employment references. You will be caught out.
- Even though 95% of employers will research potential employees online, only 7% of job seekers have a personal website to display examples of work they have completed. Invest the time and create an online portfolio that shows off both your creativity and proves you are able to take on the role you are applying for. This particularly applies to job seekers looking to break into a creative industry but, nonetheless, 56% of employees believe personal websites/portfolios are the most impressive self-marketing tool a candidate can possess.
- 78% of recruiters have made a hire through social media, so develop a social media strategy to assist your job search. Do this by using your social channels (Twitter, Google+, Facebook, Tumblr etc.) to develop a professional, compelling and consistent personal brand.
- You spend enough time on it, but are you putting your smart phone to good use? Format your CV so it will be easy to submit through both a PC and mobile ATS, or an alternative source like SnapChat. It will help you stand out from the crowd big time.
- Employee referrals account for 40% of all hires, so get out there and network both online and at conferences, expos, hack-a-thons etc. Be the “people person” your CV claims you are.