Keep up with the latest hiring trends!
Job seekers! It’s a new year, and that means it’s a new you. Forget 2014! It’s literally history! It’s time to get back on that horse and back into the job hunt game. This is your time! And in order to help you on your way to career-finding success, we’ve got quite the treat for you.
This is your go-to guide for attracting recruiters on LinkedIn, including practical information on what elements you should definitely include on your profile, how to word your title and your professional summary, what sections to include, how to use keywords to your advantage and how to make all your social media profiles look seamless. Now go forth and job hunt my friends!
P.S. Spread the love Recruiters! Better LinkedIn profiles make it easier for us to find better candidates!
- Before creating/amending your profile decide what type of a role you are looking for.
- Always include a LinkedIn headline with the job title you want e.g. if you want to be considered for Marketing Manager roles, have Marketing Manager as your LinkedIn headline.
- When writing your professional summary, be sure to answer the following questions:
- Why are you different?
- What value can you add to an organisation?
- Use keywords to make your profile more searchable for recruiters looking for candidates.
- Link your Twitter account to your LinkedIn and if you have a blog or a personal website, be sure to include a link to it also.
- Regularly update your status. It shows that you are active on LinkedIn and serious about finding a job. Status updates can include linking to interesting blog articles and posting your own.
If you’re looking for a more in-depth handbook style guide for how to really make the most of your LinkedIn profile (and have recruiters begging for you to come and work for their company!), be sure to download our FREE whitepaper entitled “How to: Create an All-Star LinkedIn Profile”.