Keep up with the latest hiring trends!
Never ever, ever, ever underestimate the power of a strong personal brand. Your authenticity, credibility and trustworthiness as a social recruiter depends on it, so getting it right is key to attracting and convincing the right candidates that you are the perfect person to help them find a new job.
- A powerful personal brand gives you greater credibility and increases your recognition, prestige and perceived value amongst those in your industry (i.e. candidates).
- A – Authenticity is a key factor in personal branding, Anything other than the real you, just won’t do.
- C – Writing and sharing relevant content goes a long way to supporting and bolstering your personal brand.
- D – Providing content that is relevant to the audience you have defined is imperative. If you recruit for the Oil & Gas industry, be sure to write and share content about the Oil & Gas industry.
- G – Be sure that the graphical elements of your social networking efforts are consistent. Use the same photo across all of your accounts for example, so that candidates will know immediately that they are interacting with the same person.
- J – Join in the conversation that’s being had in LinkedIn Groups and forums dedicated to your industry. Get involved and make your presence known. That way, when it comes to communicating with candidates, they will have hopefully already noticed your participation in industry discussions and will see you as an influential force within it.
- L – Make your LinkedIn profile the best it can possibly be. We can help you with that. Download our FREE whitepaper ‘How to: Create a All-Star LinkedIn Profile’ here.
- M – Be conscious of the most influential and relevant social media sites in your industry. If you are recruiting education professionals, having a Pinterest profile will be exceptionally useful. Likewise, if you are recruiting IT professionals, it is well worth having and maintaining a Github or StackOverFlow account.
- N – Don’t underestimate the power of networking. You never know where or who your next referral will come from.
- V – Develop a distinctive voice. People will remember how you made them feel even when what you were saying becomes a little hazy. What you say is important, but you you say it is even more so.
Whether you do all of your recruiting online or offline, smart candidates know how to Google and are strongly influenced by what they find and see online. Are you putting your best foot forward in all of the social sites that potential candidates are going to discover you in?
Our Personal Branding module, we’ll show you how to improve the quality of every candidate interaction you have, by teaching you how and why you should invest time establishing your online brand and reputation across the major social and professional networks. That includes how to:
- Develop your personal authenticity
- Optimise your LinkedIn profile
- Optimise your Twitter profile
- Use Google+ to gain authority online